Tuesday 27 September 2011

This is my first post in a new space.  I've blogged before, but I hid my identity.  Now I am taking the plunge into vulnerability.  I am a tadpole.  Swimming parallel to a whale.  Sometimes against it, and sometimes in unison.

So, who am I?  I'm a 27 year old trapped in a 20 year olds body.  I get triple ID checked everywhere I go.  I'm a film student, and my passion is writing.  I'm about to graduate, and then who knows.  I am bracing myself for the task of finding a job as a writer.  I am taunted by unemployment prospects.  I want a job that I love, a job as a writer.  Beggars can't be choosers though, right?  So perhaps its time to admit I may have to embrace that slap in the face with my cheek held high.  Taking a job I hate, in a corporate world.  Last time I tried that I was either overqualified or too inexperienced so where does that leave me?  Do I erase my Masters degree from my resume and hope that someone will hire me before the economy crumbles yet again?  Can I battle the boredom of menial office tasks and the monotony of the 9 to 5?  Or do I fight to write?  Fingers crossed I get the answer soon.

It's a whale of a world out there, and I'm not sure if its ready for little old me, but I guess it is time to test the waters.

No comments:

Post a Comment